- Posted by divine
- 0 Comments
(Design Your Entrance for Peace and Prosperity of the Family)
The Main Door is the index of the quality of the good vibrations of the house and it is a ‘Gateway to Success’. Entrance of a house explains everything because this is the gateway from which energies constantly goes in and out. This important gate should be maintained with utmost care. All the negative and positive energies surround here and which is why is important to locate main gate in proper direction to maintain well-being and prosperity in house. Main door should be beautiful, clean and obstruction free from both outside and inside. Front door is also the face of the house. It is the principal entrance called‘SIMHADWARAM’, the lion entrance. The main door is the first thing which falls into notice when they enter into. So, utmost care must be taken to design the entrance because the positive energy from the outside is correlated to the entire house through main door/ ‘Simhadwaram’. The front door also relates to your relationship with the outside world.
The Front Door is considered as the Mouth of the ‘Vastu Purusha’ (the Protecting Deity). The mouth is the largest orifice in human body; hence the front door in a home should be large and inviting. If a shortcoming is noticed in the door, the immediate need is not to go for replacement right away. Instead, the remedy lies in giving an artful decorative treatment along the margin zone around the main frame to make it stand out and speak for itself as most prominent.
In Hindu Religion, ‘Simhadwaram’ is the dwelling place of ‘Lord Ganesha’, Godess ‘Lakshmi’ and Godess ‘Saraswati’. So the main door of your house must be accurately located to activate all the beneficial energies.
Few things to be considered during placement of door are:
Directionfor Door Placement
Finding an appropriate place for the ‘Simhadwaram’/ Main Door matters a lot to our life. To determine the exact location of the front door, you need to stand in front of your home and imaginarily divide the portion into two parts and the center of the portion based on the direction of the plot. Each of the cardinal orientation has their own effects: North and West brings wealth in our life, East is all for good benefits and South resembles liberation. However, the experts recommend the East, West and North direction to be more beneficial for the dwellers.
1. North: North- facing door should be in the left half when facing the house that is more towards the North-East. Avoid placing a door in the right half (North-West). The Reason: It’s preferable to have more openings in the North and East to allow the useful sunlight constantly, through the day. Since the door is opaque, it should be placed more to the center of the wall and windows should be kept in the North-East.
The door should not be at the corner of the walls, but a few feet away from the corner junction. The Reason: It’s preferable to have more window openings towards the North and East to allow constant sunlight through the day. Since the door is opaque, it should be placed away from the N-E corner, more to the center.
2. West: West facing door can be located in the left half when facing the house that is favoring the North-West. Avoid placing a door in the right half (South-West). The Reason: It’s preferable to have more window openings towards the North to allow constant sunlight through the day. It is best to avoid openings in the South-West since the Sun is in the South and West at midday and in the afternoon.
If a house has a main entrance in the West it should have a corresponding door in the East also. The Reason: To allow maximum, useful UV rays found in the morning sunlight, into the house, since it is beneficial for health of the inmates. (Vitamin D synthesis)
3. South: South facing main door must not be in the center of the building but should be in the right half when facing the house that is more towards the South-East. Avoid placing a door in the left half (South-West). The Reason: It is always preferable to have few openings in the South-West as explained above, since the hot infra-red rays of the afternoon sunlight are projected, maximum towards this direction.
If a house has a main entrance in the South there should be one more corresponding to it in the North direction also. The Reason: To allow the constant light from the North into the house.
4. East: East facing door can be located in the right half when facing the house that is more to the North-East. Avoid placing a door in the left half (South-East). The Reason: It’s preferable to have more openings in the North and East to allow the useful sunlight constantly, through the day. Since the door is opaque, it should be placed more to the center of the wall and windows should be kept in the North-East.
Thus you can see in Vastu, there is no bad location for a main door. It’s the pseudo Vastu pundits who claim that South and West entrances are bad and the entrance door should only be in the North or East, because they take the Vastu Shastra guidelines too literally, since Vastu recommends more open space in the North and East to enable the pleasant morning light and constant North light to permeate the house, it makes sense to have the entrance from either of these directions.
Other things that has to be considered during Main Door placement:
- The view when the front door opens should be pleasant and inviting; similarly when you open the door to step out of the house, the view should be good and not overwhelmed by shadows of trees and creepers. Moreover, if the tree shadows fall or cut across the main door, it is considered inauspicious.
- Main gate should never face intersecting roads. Make sure the main door of the house is larger than the other doors of the house.
- It should be on the same, or higher level than the street level.
- The level of the main door should be higher than the approach way with the steps leading onto it should be odd in number.
- Avoid main door facing abandoned, demolished or deserted building.
- Avoid door directly facing the opposite house door.
- The main door of the house should not be below ground.
- It is best that a house has two entrances. The exit door should be smaller than the entrance, and it should have only one shutter. If there are two external doors for the house, they should not be set in a straight line.
- Construct the main door placement in such a way that no shadows fall over it.
- It is considered auspicious if the entrance door and the main door of the house are on the same side.
- The door should not be at the corner of the walls, but a few feet away from the corner junction. · The main entrance door to the house should be of high quality material preferably wood. Metal doors and frames should be avoided. If there is a crack in the main door or doorframe, it is considered inauspicious.
- The width of the door should be half of the height of the door.
- Do not have any water body under the main entrance door and there should be no bathroom/restroom over the front door.
- Do not have a wall in front of the entrance door.
- Avoid inauspicious pictures on the door.
- The door should not be slanted, sliding, or circular.
- Avoid keeping garbage or dustbin near the entrance.
- Shoes should not be kept in front of the door, but to the side. Keep the entrance clutter free and tidy to make the surrounding positive.
- The main door should have a threshold. It is considered to avoid wealth loss.
- If the door has cracks or is worn out due to age then the owner will have a tough time and loss of respect in society.
- Doors should not be noisy, replace the hinges which make creaky sound.
- The total number of doors and windows in the house should be even number for e.g. 2, 4, 6 etc. but should not end with a odd numbers i.e. 5, 7, 9, or 10, 20 etc.
- Doors should not be placed in the center of the wall; they should always be off centered.
- If the front door frame is painted black then the owner might have to face hardship.
- Avoid the self-closing doors.
- Ensure that the shutters of the doors open up towards the inside of the house. It should have two shutters opening inside and in clockwise direction.
- Entrance of house should not face temple or any religious place.
- Entrance should never be dark and ensure that this place is well lit throughout.
- Main gate should never face intersecting roads.
- There should not be any obstruction in the entrance gate with things like poles, tree, wires and vehicles.
- Since the main objective of Vastu Shastra is to maximize the energy inside the house, it is recommended not to have arched doors and windows as they distort the energy flow.
- For those who believe in Hindu religion, it is good to decorate a house’s entrance with pictures or statues of ‘Lakshmi’, ‘Ganesha’ or ‘Kubera’ and auspicious signs such as ‘OM’ or the ‘Swastika’. Many homes adapt symbols around the main door to ward off bad luck and usher in protection and good energy. The statue or image of the Indian Elephant-faced god known as ‘Ganesha’ is often found outside the house, above the main door, as this is said to bring in prosperity and progress as the Lord ‘Ganesha’ represents the merging of the small (man) with the great (elephant) and blends the microcosm with the macrocosm.
POSITION OF THE MAIN ENTRANCE DOOR:
DIRECTION RATING POINTS
SOUTH WEST 3